When your issuance email arrives it will contain your instructions on how to download your SSL Certificate.
Copy and Paste the Thawte certificate in the X509 format into a text editor such as Notepad including the header and footer.
You should then have a text file that looks like:
Make sure you have 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white space, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
1. Save the certificate file in your text editor as domainname.crt
Note: The examples below use the following naming conventions:
"Your Private Key" = "domainname.key"; "Your Web Server Certificate" = "domainname.crt"
2. Copy the certificate to the Apache server directory in which you plan to store your certificates (by default: /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/ or /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/).
3. Open the Apache httpd.conf file in a text editor. Locate the SSL VirtualHost associated with your certificate, verify that you have the following 2 directives within this virtual host. Please add them if they are not present:
- SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/domainname.crt
- SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/domainname.key
Note: that some instances of Apache will store Virtual Host information in a ssl.conf file. If your httpd.conf contains no Virtual Host information then you will need to locate and amend the ssl.conf as above.
4. Save the changes and exit the editor.
5. Start or Restart your apache web server.
Your httpd.conf should contain some or all of the following directives (for an IP based site). Those directives marked in bold are SSL related. Those directives marked in italics should only be used for troubleshooting.
Test your certificate by using a browser to connect to your server.
Use the https protocol directive (e.g. https://your server/) to indicate you wish to use secure HTTP.
The padlock icon on your browser will be displayed in the locked
position if your certificates are installed correctly and the server is
properly configured for SSL.
บริการใบรับรอง SSL >