The following policies are applicable in case of .UK
DotSiam.com ให้บริการเฉพาะโดเมน .co.uk, .me.uk และ .org.uk สำหรับโดเมน .UK ในขณะนี้
- The maximum length of a .UK domain name is 64 characters (including the
The minimum length depends upon the extension under which the domain name is
- under .co.uk/.me.uk extensions - 6 characters (including the
- under .org.uk extension - 7 characters (including the extension)
- Allowed characters (excluding the extension):
- The domain name may consist of only the following: a - z, 0 - 9 and
- The domain name may not have a hyphen as the first and/or last
character as well as the third and fourth character (simultaneously).
- The domain name may not consist of only two letters; however, it may
have a letter and a number or two numbers. For example, Registration for
ab.co.uk is not allowed whereas Registration of 1c.co.uk or 23.co.uk is
- The domain name may not be identical to any existing Second Level
extension (co, ltd, me, net, org, plc, ac, gov, mod, mil, nhs, police,
nic, sch) or any Second Level extension under .UK the creation of which
has formally been announced by the .UK Registry. For example,
Registration of org.co.uk or nhs.org.uk is not permitted.
- The domain name may not be identical to any existing Top Level
extension (com, net, uk, eu, etc.) or any Top Level extension the formal
approval of which has been announced by ICANN (the regulatory body
overseeing the functioning of the Internet). For example, Registration
of com.co.uk or eu.org.uk is not allowed.
- A .UK domain name can only be Registered for 2 years.
- A .UK domain name does not have any Money Back Period.
- The .UK Registry does not support any type of domain name Locking/Suspension.
- The .UK Registry does not support any kind of bulk actions.
- A .UK domain name can have maximum 10 Name Servers.
- In case of a .UK domain name, every Child Name Server that you create/add,
is automatically associated with that .UK domain name as a Name Server.
- A .UK domain name displays only one Contact (Registrant) in the Whois
- The Company Name (identity) of the Registrant Contact cannot be modified
- A .UK domain name can only be renewed for 2 years.
- You may renew your .UK domain name anytime from 6 months before its
Expiry, upto 97 days after its Expiry.
- There is no concept of a Redemption Grace Period in case of a .UK domain
- Actions performed on .UK domain names are completed asynchronously via
e-mails (unlike domain names in other extensions such as .COM, .NET, etc.).
Due to this constraint (imposed by the .UK Registry), until our system
receives a response email from the .UK Registry, that particular action on
your .UK domain name would remain on the status "Order Locked in
The various actions that are affected by the above constraint are:
- Domain Name Registration
- Domain Name Renewal
- Modification of Domain Name Contact Details
- Addition of Name Servers
- Modification of Name Servers
- Deletion of Name Servers
- Addition of Child Name Servers
- Modification of Child Name Servers (IP Address as well as Host Name
- Deletion of Child Name Servers