- A .TEL domain name provides the ability to store, publish and manage contact information and keywords directly in the Domain Name System (DNS), the hierarchical system by which easy-to-remember, human-friendly names such as somedomain.com are associated with Internet locations.
- Web Hosting of a .TEL domain name is quite different from hosting of other domain name extensions. A .TEL domain name requires some specific Name Servers and these would be assigned by DotSiam.com at the time of domain name registration itself. These Name Servers CANNOT be modified.
MX Records required for Email Hosting on a .TEL domain name can be managed from the Domain Management interface, within your Control Panel. Click here to read more about MX Record management for a .TEL domain name >>
- Child Name Servers cannot be registered under a .TEL domain name. For example, if you have a .TEL domain name Registered as yourdomainname.tel, you cannot register Child Name Server under it such as ns1.yourdomainname.tel, ns2.yourdomainname.tel, etc..
- When a .TEL domain name is registered, the system automatically creates an account for accessing the .TEL Hosting Control Panel and sends the login details to the Registrant Contact. A step-by-step instruction manual for your .TEL Hosting Control Panel is available at http://telnic.org/downloads/telguide.pdf. There is no need for a separate Web Hosting package for a .TEL domain name.
This account gets automatically deleted once the corresponding .TEL domain name is deleted. Click here to know how to delete a .TEL domain name >>
- Once you have registered a .TEL domain name, you are required to submit at least one communications contact such as a telephone number, an email address, an instant-messaging handle or a web link associated with you. In the absence of this, the .TEL domain name would not resolve.
- Apart from the domain name, you may create up to 2999 sub-domains (Folders) on a .TEL domain name through the .TEL Hosting Control Panel. Each such Folder can store a maximum of 100 records.
For example, you may create upto 2999 sub-domains such as yourdomain.tel, sales.yourdomain.tel, support.yourdomain.tel, billing.yourdomain.tel, etc. and upto 100 records for every sub-domain.
- If the Registrant of a .TEL domain name is an individual, he/she has an option not to have his/her personal information displayed in the Whois. The Registrant can choose to have this option enabled/disabled at the time of Registration.
However, if the Registrant of a .TEL domain name is an Organization, then the complete Contact details are displayed in the Whois. Click here to read how to hide/publish Contact Details in the Whois of a .TEL domain name >>