Domain Name Locking is a crucial security feature as it prevents
domain names from being transferred away to other Registrars, without it being
explicitly removed. Placing a Lock has the following effects on your domain name:
- The Contact Details and Name Servers of such a Domain Name can not be
modified in this state.
- A Transfer [Away] Request for this domain name to another Registrar will
fail at the Registry itself and will not be allowed.
- An internal Move of this domain name (to another Customer Account) would
not be possible in this state.
- Domain name Deletion would not be possible.
names do not support locking. Hence you can not lock a .EU/.UK domain name.
Domain Names can be Locked/Unlocked from your Control Panel by following the
process mentioned below:
- Login to your Control Panel, search for the domain name that you wish to
Lock/Unlock and proceed to the Order Details view. Click
here to read how >>
- Click the Lock/Unlock link.
- On the following page:
- If you wish to Lock the Service, you would have to select the check
box for Locking and enter the reason for Locking and click the Update button.
- For Unlocking, deselect the check box and click the Update button.